The main reason for the delay in blogging this was just the sheer quantity of nice photos, both mine and Kevin's, so I'll have to break them up into manageable chunks and let the captions be brief. I'll assume you've read the earlier posts and just a reminder of key points for new comers:
- We are refighting segments of the Waterloo battlefield at La Haye Sainte in July and Hougoumont in September.
- Both are at 1:3 scale on the ground and in figure:man ratio.
- We are testing special rules written for those days called "With MacDonnell and Baring 1815"
- The terrains will be built specially; this test is just "generic" with a rough and ready terrain cloth over wood, cardboard and paper.
- 28mm figures from various collections, mostly compatible!
Here we go
|Allied commanders James and Richard share out the initiative chits|
|French Commander Kevin seems happy with his renewed attacking deployment|
|The French Cuirassiers in the front line had been reinforced by two|
squadrons of Dragoons
|Kevin has brought forward his horse artillery battery from their rear position "on the shelf" |
with the intention of playing close range fire on any Allies that refuse to give way to his cavalry
|Here they are deploying; limbers and teams still in the act of getting clear|
|Please note Kevin's beautiful vignettes of Horse Artillery horse holders.|
In front of the artillery French skirmishers and Lancers are threatening the
Luneburg battalion. Cuirassiers are advancing up the ridge on the right of the photo
|In the distance the farm is on fire and under close attack by infantry|
|A close up of those French Lancers|
|On the right the small KGL Light square struggles against Cuirassiers while Allied |
cavalry come up in support
|That KGL rifle company can be seen rallying in the shelter of the ridge|
while 3rd squadron KGL Hussars gets ready to advance
|Two views of the 5th KGL Line Battalion.|
Apart from the Rocket there is also a Howitzer section left from the
RHA Battery that featured in the first day's test
|A better look at the newly arrived French Light battalion|
That's all I have time for at the moment, so I'll get it published rather than delay and make too long a post. Hopefully more tomorrow.